Use Play Block to manage the audio, radio, video and livestream.
- Go to dashboard “Settings > General”
- Scroll to “Play Block setting” section
- Apply Play Block to — Select post type to use “Play Block”, choose “Stations” for station post type. when create/edit a post from station will have the “Play Block” plugin on the top right. Note: the “Play Block” is now available on Woocommerce product.
- Frontend post to – Frontend submission form will post to station or product post type
- Frontend playlist to – User created playlist will submit to post type
- Assign upload to page – Go to “Pages/Add new” to create a upload page to bind this option. also you can use other paid membership plugin to control this page.
- Assign download to page – Same as upload page
- Assign login to page – Login/register form will be bind to this page
- Assign rank to page – bind rank page
- Frontend auto public – Frontend upload will be public or private
- Playlist auto public – User playlist will be public or private
- Verified user auto public – Verified user posts will be public or private
- Frontend upload stream – Allow user to upload stream, otherwise only remote url input
- Downloadable only for register – Download feature only for register user
- Purchasable on upload form – Control purchasable on upload form
- No admin panel for non-admin user – Disable user to see WordPress admin dashboard
- Email activation – User register need email activation.
- Soundclient client id – Use for play track from Soundcloud.com
- Ads tag url – Player ads tag url
Single station #
To use Play Block, The post type must have the Gutenberg Block Editor.
- Create/Edit a station
- Click on the “Play” icon on the editor bar
- Choose “Single” for “Type” to add single station.
Stream field: Required for single type, you can use remote url or upload local media file. support audio, video, online stream.
Stream URL: Alternative for stream field, hearthis.at or soundcloud.com will use this field to get the real stream url.
Duration: Million seconds for stream file.
Artwork: Fill this field with remote image url and click the “Set as featured image” will get the image from the remote url and set featured image for this station
Waveform: sound waveform data, fill the “Stream” field and click the waveform icon button to get waveform data.
Album and playlist #
- Add New/Edit a station
- On the Play Block, Select album/playlist for “Type”;
- Input single station title to search station;
- Select single station when stations popup.
Front-end submission #
- Go to “Settings > General” to select “Anyone can register”;
- Choose “Contributor” for “New User Default Role”;
- Contributor can use the upload form to submit their own station.
“Subscriber” user can not use the upload form but can create playlist.